Tired of the same old types of anniversary cakes that you order every year? Want to try something different this time for your anniversary celebrations?
Well, cakes are a very important part of your anniversary celebrations especially when you are hosting a party. Why don’t you try something different this year? If you are good with your baking skills then you can make these at home, but if you want to avoid all the hassle, you can definitely order anniversary cakes by post. Let’s take a look at some of the not so typical anniversary cakes that you can try out this year:
- Cakes or cupcakes: If you do not want to go for cakes, you can always go for cupcakes. The recent trend is to make three or two tiered cakes by using cupcakes lined on top of each other. You can also opt for macaroon tarts, if you do not want to go with cupcakes. These are available in very interesting designs and hence this type of a cupcake cake is sure to ensure some different kind of fun to your birthday celebrations. If you want, you can even go for frosted flowers on the top!
- Time for some flowers: Weddings and anniversaries are all about flowers and hence you can express that through your cakes as well! You can go for flower cakes, covered with flower frosting of different types and colours. This adds a different touch to your anniversary celebrations.
- Just the cake: Naked cakes or simple plain cakes without any frosting are trending a lot these days. You can easily make these at home. You can make two or three tiers out of them and add some cream filling. Additional flowers on the top add a very elegant touch to the entire setting. If you want to celebrate your anniversary a little bit differently then you should definitely try this one out!
- Date cakes:Suppose you are celebrating your 25th anniversary, how about the fact that your cake said that too? You can go for the cakes with the date or year iced on that which would be the star attraction. This is another type of anniversary cakes that are trending a lot these days.
- It’s all about the theme: If you are hosting a theme party, then ideally you should go for a theme cake. Suppose the theme of your party is Peter Pan, then you can go for Peter Pan cakes. You can also host a theme party of some romantic fairy tale and make the cake according to that. This helps in adding a different charm to the entire ambience.
- The power of words: If you want to avoid the classic dolls on an anniversary cake, then you can opt for words instead. Go for one or two words that perfectly sum up your relationship. These are pretty simple and hence you can try making them at home!
These 6 cool new anniversary cake ideas are something that you should definitely try out for your upcoming anniversary celebrations!